The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad has emerged as one of the top 10 best airports in the world in a recent global study.
The study conducted by AirHelp placed the airport in the eighth place, far above the two biggest airports in the country — IGI Airport in Delhi and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai.
AirHelp specialises in air traveller rights and seeks compensation in case of delays or cancellations.
The airports were rated based on three factors: On-time performance, service quality and food and shopping options.
Here’s a list of the top 10 airports in the world:
1. Hamad International Airport, Qatar
2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan
3. Athens International Airport, Greece
4. Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil
5. Gdansk Lech Wałęsa Airport, Poland
6. Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia
7. Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore
8. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India
9. Tenerife North Airport, Spain
10. Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil
The 10 worst airports:
123. London Gatwick Airport, United Kingdom
124. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
125. Porto Airport, Portugal
126. Paris Orly Airport, France
127. Manchester Airport, United Kingdom
128. Malta International Airport, Malta
129. Henri Coanda International Airport, Romania
130. Eindhoven Airport, Netherlands
131. Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait
132. Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal