Mumbai: A day before he turns 57, Salman Khan had a close shave.
The Bollywood superstar was bitten by a snake at his Panel farmhouse in the early hours of Sunday and had to be rushed to a private hospital in Navi Mumbai for treatment.
After being kept under observation for 6-7 hours, Salman was discharged and is resting at home.
According to an IndiaToday.in report, the snakebite incident took place in a garden outside the main sitting promenade. Luckily, it was a non-poisonous snake.
Salman was sitting and chatting with some friends when he was bit by the snake, sources have told IndiaToday.in.
“This happened late on Saturday night when he was sitting and chatting with his friends. He felt a sudden sting in his arm and jerked it around. That’s when his friend saw the snake and they immediately panicked and yelled for help,” IndiaToday.in quoted sources as saying.
Salman will be celebrating his birthday on December 27 at his farmhouse with close family members and a few friends.
Last year, too, Salman had a low-key birthday celebration because of the COVID-19 pandemic.