Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday inaugurated Eco Retreat 2021, urging all to explore Odisha—India’s best-kept secret.
“I welcome you all to the Eco Retreats of Odisha, the foremost luxury camping festival of Eastern India. Riding on the popularity of our eco retreats model with the enthusiastic response received by each of the previous editions across five diverse locales, this year we have added two more locations – one in Koraput and another in Ganjam. Eco Retreats Odisha 2021 will go a long way in encouraging tourists from across India to explore these beautiful destinations set deep in the hinterlands of Odisha,” the CM said.
The Chief Minister also highlighted that the facilities and services at the eco retreats were in complete compliance with COVID safety norms.
“It is an ideal gateway to enjoy the much-needed leisure to conclude the eventful year and to celebrate in anticipation of a safer and happier future for all of us. I congratulate everyone involved in accomplishing this feat and wish all our guests a wonderful time at these truly exotic places,” he added.
Odisha’s signature event offers world-class amenities at the luxury tents. This year, travel buffs can explore the following destination:
1) Konark: The pristine Ramchandi Beach at Konark and the iconic Sun Temple are the main attractions of this destination. It’s a perfect blend of nature and art. Tourists will get to experience awe-inspiring cultural events here. Not just that, water sports, ATV rides, archery and volleyball are among the other activities. During your stay at the site, visits to Sun Temple, Balukhand Sanctuary and Konark Museum are highly recommended.
2) Satkosia: It is home to diverse flora and fauna. It is a gorge over the Mahanadi. The glamping facilities are provided on the banks of the river, next to Satkosia Tiger Reserve. It is an ideal destination for bird watching and boat rides. Animals like spotted deer, sambar, barking deer, langurs, porcupines and the Malabar giant squirrel can also be spotted.
3) Bhitarkanika: Visitors will get to experience the beauty of the virgin Pentha beach, situated inside the Bhitarkanika National Park. The beach is surrounded by casuarina forests. Wildlife lovers can visit the destination for sighting a variety of mangrove species. It also has the country’s largest heronry. The activities include rifle shooting, archery, zorbing, cycling, cultural performances, among others.
4) Daringbadi: Known as the ‘Kashmir of Odisha’, it is a beautiful hill station. The must-visit sites here are Midubandha waterfall and Daringbadi coffee garden. Nature lovers can also visit the nearby serene destinations like Beghar, Ushabati valley and Putudi waterfall. Experience the bliss of yoga on hills at this destination.
5) Pati Sonapur: The picturesque beach is set along the Odisha-Andhra Pradesh border. It is situated at the confluence of river Bahuda and the Bay of Bengal. The nearby attractions are port town Berhampur, Potagarh Fort, Tampara Lake, and the famous Gopalpur-on-Sea and Lighthouse.
6) Putsil: Situated in Koraput, it is known as the Switzerland of Odisha. At the base of Deomali hill range, it is a table-top mountain destination. The main attraction of the place is the view of clouds sailing through the valleys. One can also visit the picturesque Duduma and Rani Duduma waterfalls.
7) Hirakud: The main attraction here is Asia’s largest earthen dam, the Hirakud Reservoir. One can explore Debigarh Wildlife sanctuary and indulge in activities like parasailing, jet-skiing, banana boat rides, among others. It is also an ideal destination for shopping handloom and handicrafts. In the evenings, folk performances will be arranged.
Booking for stay at tents located at the Eco Retreat spots can be made by visiting https://ecoretreat.odishatourism.gov.in