New Delhi: ICICI Lombard, Go Digit General Insurance and Flipkart are all set to offer health policies related to COVID -19, reported agencies on Friday.
What will the cover include?
- Easy claim
- Hospitalisation cover
- Room or intensive care unit (ICU) rent
- Ambulance assistance and tele-consultation
- Digital claim process
- No requirement of medical tests at the time of purchasing a policy
The two health insurance policies will enable health cover for consumers combating the global pandemic, the three companies said in a joint statement.
According to industry estimates, about 56 per cent of the Indian population is not covered under any health insurance policy. Understanding this need of the hour, Flipkart’s partnership with ICICI Lombard and Go Digit General Insurance offers users health insurance policies that give a range of benefits, the statement said.
“To ensure peace of mind, it allows Flipkart’s customers to submit digital copies of the claim document to the insurer for processing, in lieu of hard copies,” the statement further said.
‘COVID-19 Protection Cover’ by ICICI Lombard
- Provides an instant Rs 25,000 benefit plan paid to the customer on positive diagnosis of the disease
- It is priced at an annual premium of Rs 159
- The policy also provides health assistance benefit, virtual and tele-consultation benefit besides ambulance assistance.
‘Digit Illness Group Insurance’ by Go Digit
- Allows consumers to avail a hospitalisation cover up to a sum assured of Rs 1,00,000 with an annual premium of Rs 511’
- The policy cover has no limit on room rent or ICU for COVID -19 cases
- It covers 30 day pre and 60 days post hospitalisation fee.
The policies offered by ICICI Lombard and Go Digit are available on the Flipkart platform.