New Delhi: LPG consumers in the country will soon be able to decide the distributor they want a refill from.
The pilot phase, to be launched shortly, will be available in Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Pune, and Ranchi, the Centre announced on Thursday.
“Consumers will be able to choose their ‘Delivering Distributor’ from the list of distributors catering to their address within their Oil Marketing Company (OMC),” Union Ministry for Petroleum and Natural Gas said on Thursday.
The decision has been taken to empower consumers and also foster healthy competition among distributors to provide the best service.
LPG connection portability has been made easier. Consumers can avail portability to another distributor of the same company without visiting the distributor’s outlet.
Here’s how to book LPG refill digitally:
* Customers can book refill through a mobile app/customer portal using registered login.
* Consumers will be shown list of delivering distributors with their performance ratings; consumers can then opt for any distributor from the list applicable to the area
* Indane’s portal is https://cx.indianoil.in, while mobile app is ‘IndianOil One’
* Bharat Gas’ portal is https://my.ebharatgas.com, while its app is ‘Hello BPCL’
* HP Gas’ portal is https://myhpgas.in while its mobile app is ‘HP Pay’
* For refill through IVRS and SMS number, customers can reach Indane at 77189 55555, Bharat Gas via 7715012345/7718012345 while HP Gas has a list of state-wise telephone numbers. Click on https://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/hpanytime to know the number for your state
* Refill booking via missed call also — for Indane, customers can give a missed call at 8454955555, Bharat Gas at 7710955555 and HP Gas at 493602222
* LPG refills can also be booked through UMANG (Unified Mobile App for New Governance) app or the Bharat Bill Pay System apps and platforms. E-commerce apps like Amazon and Paytm can also be used for booking refills and making payments.
* Customers can book refill, update personal records, apply for portability, transfer of connection, address change and all other refill-related services through these portals and apps.