Mumbai: Bollywood actor Govinda’s wife, Sunita Ahuja, has officially withdrawn the divorce petition she had filed against him nearly two years ago, his manager Shashi Sinha confirmed on Wednesday, putting an end to months of public speculation surrounding the couple’s marriage.
Sunita was spotted at Mumbai’s Bandra Family Court on Wednesday, accompanied by her son, Yashvardhan Ahuja, where she submitted a formal petition seeking the withdrawal of the case. “It has been going on for two years, but it’s finally over now. Today, Sunita ji submitted a petition for withdrawal at the family court in Bandra,” Sinha told news agency ANI, adding that Govinda “has been neutral since the start of the case. Today, also, he remains the same.”
Speaking to another publication, Sinha said, “Sunita ji has withdrawn the divorce case against Govinda; there is no separation. Whatever she said, she felt that way at the time and has now taken the case back. It is happy news, and I like what she has done. My only regret is that the matter became very public, but these things happen.” He added that Govinda and the couple’s children remained “neutral” about the development, saying, “It is simply a case of someone realising their mistake and returning home, and that is a good thing.”
Addressing Sunita’s visibly agitated demeanour at the court, Sinha noted, “Woh itne gusse mein nazar aayi toh sabko laga hoga kuch problem hui, par ab sab theek hai dono mein (She appeared so angry that everyone thought something was wrong, but now everything is fine between the two).”
Sunita had filed for divorce at the Bandra Family Court on December 5, 2024, under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, citing cruelty, desertion and adultery. The petition had triggered widespread media attention, with both parties’ lawyers reportedly working since then to resolve the matter amicably.
Sinha, however, acknowledged that the public nature of the dispute had left its mark, noting that things had become “dirty” publicly between the couple, with Sunita making certain remarks about her husband during the course of the proceedings. “Whatever happened was not good, but it is in the past now. I hope God gives everyone such wisdom,” he said.
Govinda, who has largely stayed away from commenting on the matter throughout the two-year proceedings, is yet to issue any public statement following the withdrawal. Attempts to reach Sunita for a response had not yielded a reply at the time of filing this report.
